Internet Governance (ARIN6902)
UNIT OF STUDY
The internet plays an increasingly important role in all aspects of social, cultural and economic life. This unit of study explores cultures and governance of the online world and investigates how politics manifest not only in public debates and policy, but also in the struggle to develop new information architectures and digital ecosystems.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Publishing
- Graduate Diploma in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Publishing
- Master of Cultural Studies
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Illumination Design)
- Master of Moving Image
- Master of Publishing
Further unit of study information
1x2000wd journalism piece (40%), 1x3000wd essay (50%), 1x1000wd tutorial exercise (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.