Internet Governance (ARIN6902)
UNIT OF STUDY
Privacy, piracy, cyberbullying, trolls, censorship, cybersecurity, surveillance, online petitions and propaganda are just some of the issues we navigate in our daily lives online. This unit of study frames these issues historically, culturally and philosophically. The forums of internet governance are a microcosm of global governance that allow expression of national identity, and positioning in international relations. Students taking this unit will gain a critical understanding of one of the most important global policy issues of our time.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Publishing
- Graduate Diploma in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Publishing
- Master of Cultural Studies
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Moving Image
- Master of Publishing
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd Report to government (25%), 1x1200wd Journalistic article (25%), 1x2500wd Essay (40%), 1x800wd equivalent Seminar participation (10%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.