Mobile Media and Games (ARIN6904)
UNIT OF STUDY
Networked mobile devices and computer games are increasingly prominent in today's mediascapes, supporting practices of individualised mobility and play. This unit of study critically examines the aesthetics, politics and everyday uses of these emerging cultural technologies. It draws on new media studies, game studies and platform studies to explore themes such as the complication of leisure and work spaces, new media industries, gamification, playbour and mobile social media.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Media Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Media Practice
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Illumination Design)
- Master of Media Practice
- Master of Moving Image
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd Review and presentation (25%), 1x3000wd Critical Essay (40%), 1x1500wd Game/app concept (25%), Seminar participation (10%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.