New Media Audiences (ARIN6905)
UNIT OF STUDY
Media audiences are experiencing knowledge, art and entertainment in novel ways as cultural industries increasingly take up emerging technologies. New Media Audiences investigates the range of contemporary practices of production, distribution and consumption associated with digital tools. We examine the sites where audiences experience digital media: art galleries, cinemas, theatres, homes, mobile devices, public spaces, workplaces and online. We analyse how these spaces and interfaces structure audience experience, afford interaction and encourage participation.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Health Communication
- Graduate Certificate in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Health Communication
- Graduate Diploma in Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Health Communication
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Interaction Design and Electronic Arts (Illumination Design)
- Master of Moving Image
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd Seminar presentation (20%), 1x2500wd Essay (40%), 1x2000wd case study reviews (blog) (30%), Seminar participation (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.