Cyberpsychology and e-Health (BACH3146)
UNIT OF STUDY
Cyberpsychology and e-health aims to educate those seeking careers in allied health on how societal and individual health is affected by the internet and other technologies. The course will be based on current research and policy guidelines set by the Australian and American Medical Associations, the American Psychological Association and Australian Psychological Society for the use of information technology in the following areas: informing allied health professionals of online resources for their profession; how types of ICT functions may affect the behaviour of youth and the elderly; ethics and viability of delivering general health and mental health resources online; the evolution of telemedicine practices; the rise of serious games for health; social media in health; provision of therapy over the internet for general health and mental health; quality control and assessment of general and specific online health resources; and future directions of information technology and its application to health.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Diagnostic Radiography)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Online. No on-campus attendance required.
Quiz (25%) and Essay (35%) and exam (40%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.