Health at Work (BACH3147)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study provides a critical introduction to health at work in the Australian and international contexts. It examines the nature, prevalence, origins, and management of disease and injury in the workplace. Topics covered include the distribution and impact of occupational injury, ill health and disease in Australia; different perspectives on occupational injury and disease causation; the effects of psychosocial factors and work organisation, and the roles of professionals, managers and workers in prevention and management.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Information Technology
Further unit of study information
1x2-hr lectures /week, 1x1-hr tutorial/week
One 2500 word essay (50%), one 1-hour exam (40%) and tutorial participation (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.