Qualitative Research Methods (BACH5255)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit focuses on qualitative research methodologies, including the disciplinary traditions that contribute to qualitative methodologies and the construction of knowledge using qualitative methods. The implications of methodology for research design will be examined, as will approaches to data collection and analysis. Activities to build skills in research design, data collection and data analysis will be included. Students will work on a research project of their choice throughout the semester.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Medical Imaging Science
- Graduate Certificate of Health Science (Developmental Disability)
- Graduate Diploma in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Graduate Diploma in Cancer and Haematology Nursing
- Graduate Diploma in Emergency Nursing
- Graduate Diploma in Intensive Care Nursing
- Graduate Diploma in Medical Imaging Science
- Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing
- Master of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Master of Cancer and Haematology Nursing
- Master of Diagnostic Radiography
- Master of Emergency Nursing
- Master of Health Science (Developmental Disability)
- Master of Intensive Care Nursing
- Master of Medical Imaging Science
- Master of Mental Health Nursing
- Master of Physiotherapy
Further unit of study information
online delivery (no attendance).
1x2000wd essay based on contributions to discussion board about research methodology (40%) and 1x4,000wd essay draft research proposal (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.