Architecture Exchange History/Theory 2 (BDES2621)


The faculty may approve international exchange for qualified students who have completed at least one full year of study. All students must complete the final semester of third year at the University of Sydney. Exchange will not be considered for honours. Exchanges may be for one semester only. Students must apply through the Study Abroad and Exchange unit of the International Office. Each student's program must be approved in consultation with the Degree Program Director. Students should plan to follow the enrolment pattern prescribed for their chosen semester of exchange as closely as possible. Exchange units of study should be taken as part of the degree and not in addition to the degree requirements. Consideration should be given by the student as to how they will be able to complete the degree requirements when they return, paying attention to the semester of offer of the core units. Exchange students are required to enrol in a full-time load at the University of Sydney whilst on exchange, and will incur the tuition costs associated with that load. No tuition costs will be incurred with the partner University. Specially designated units of study will be recorded on the students' transcript. A result of 'R' for 'Satisfied Requirements' will be recorded by the University against each successfully completed unit of study. The transcript of the exchange University will be the official detailed record of exactly what was completed during the exchange. Exchange results will not count against a student's Weighted Average Mark.For more information please contact either the Study Abroad and Exchange Office or the Faculty of Architecture, Design and Planning Student Administration Centre.

Study this unit outside a degree

Non-award/non-degree study

If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.

Cross-institutional study

If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.