Introduction to Marine Field Ecology Adv (BIOL2928)
UNIT OF STUDY
The content of BIOL2928 will be based on BIOL2028 but qualified students will participate in alternative components at a more advanced level. The content and nature of these components may vary from year to year.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Commerce and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Design Computing
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Mathematics) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Science) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nursing
Further unit of study information
8-day intensive field course
In-class test on biodiversity (30%), review of a research paper (20%), practical reports/presentations (40%), record keeping and participation (10%).
Kingsford M, Battershill C (1998) Studying Marine Temperate Environments: A Handbook for
Ecologists. Christchurch: Canterbury University Press. 335 p.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Distinction average in either- 12cp Junior BIOL, or (6cp Junior BIOL and (MBLG1001 or MBLG1901))
(BIOL1002 or BIOL1902) and 12cp of Intermediate Biology
BIOL2028 or BIOL3008 or BIOL3908
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.