Introduction to Marine Field Ecology Adv (BIOL2928)
UNIT OF STUDY
The content of BIOL2928 will be based on BIOL2028 but qualified students will participate in alternative components at a more advanced level. The content and nature of these components may vary from year to year.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Education (Health and Physical Education)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
8-day intensive field course
In-class test on biodiversity (30%), review of a research paper (20%), practical reports/presentations (40%), record keeping and participation (10%).
Kingsford M, Battershill C (1998) Studying Marine Temperate Environments: A Handbook for
Ecologists. Christchurch: Canterbury University Press. 335 p.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
An average of 75 or above in 12cp from (BIOL1XXX, MBLG1XXX)
BIOL2028 or BIOL3008 or BIOL3908
This unit cannot be combined with more than one other BIOL field unit during the degree. Entry into the unit is based on placement availability and selection is competitive based on academic performance in the pre-requisite units of study. Academic performance in any intermediate BIOL units of study may also be considered. The unit is only available in ODD years (2015, 2017), but students may apply for entry into an alternative intermediate field unit in EVEN years.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.