UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study aims to develop an understanding of the embryological processes occurring to form the human body - from fertilisation to birth. Topics also to be discussed are: infertility, abnormal development, artificial reproductive technologies and fetal surgery.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Information Technology
Further unit of study information
Distance education mode: independent learning package with LMS support. No on-campus attendance is required
1hr online mid semester exam (30%), 1hr end semester exam (30%), Project (25%), quizzes (15%)
Larsen's Human Embryology, 4th Edition (2008)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
6 credit points of Junior Biology
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.