Community Placement (BUSS2503)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit is designed to consolidate students' knowledge and skills in social enterprise while conducting a community-based project placement. The unit is structured around three assessed tasks which are designed to allow students to demonstrate their ability to apply and synthesise business concepts while engaged in practical business development. During the community placement, students may be involved in a variety of projects, which will afford the opportunity to apply business skills and theories from prior learning. This will provide firsthand experience that demonstrates how these skills and theories can support the solving of business problems in a practical business and community-engaged context, identifying opportunities, developing strategies and designing processes, procedures and management practices in order to enable a community project to fully realise its mission. Assessed tasks are designed to allow students to demonstrate their ability to apply and synthesise social business concepts while engaged in practical business development, and include scope setting and strategy development, a presentation and a reflective report.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Commerce and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Economics (Dual Degree, Sciences Po, France)
- Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Economics and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Dental Medicine
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) and Doctor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Science and Master of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Bachelor of Visual Arts
Further unit of study information
Equivalent of six weeks full-time placement plus 9 hours pre-placement workshops; 2 hours mid-placement workshop; 2 hour end of placement de-brief workshop.
group presentation (10%), individual presentation (15%), engagement plan (20%), implementation report (25%), critical appraisal report (30%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
8 units with a credit average
Permission is required to enrol in this unit. Please contact Business Education for details: email@example.com
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.