Applied Maths for Chemical Engineers (CHNG2802)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit consists of two core modules: MODULE A: Applied Statistics for Chemical Engineers and MODULE B: Applied Numerical Methods for Chemical Engineers. These modules aim at furthering your education by extending your skills in statistical analysis and Chemical Engineering computations. This unit will also enable you to develop a systematic approach to solving mathematically oriented Chemical Engineering problems, helping you to make sound engineering decisions. The modules will provide sufficient theoretical knowledge and computational training to progress in subsequent engineering analyses including Process Dynamics and Control and Chemical Engineering Design. This unit will provide students with the tools and know-how to tackle real-life multi-disciplinary chemical engineering problems.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 2 hrs/week.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
(MATH1001 OR MATH1901) AND (MATH1002 OR MATH1902) AND (MATH1003 OR MATH1903) AND (MATH1005 OR MATH1015 OR MATH1905) AND ENGG1801 AND CHNG1103 AND (CHEM1101 OR CHEM1901) AND (CHEM1102 OR CHEM1902)
Enrolment in this unit of study assumes that all core science and engineering UoS in first-year have been successfully completed.
CHNG2801 AND CHNG2803.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.