Laboratory and Industrial Practice (CHNG3809)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study provides an opportunity for students to gain experience in the operation of process plants and pilot plants. In particular students will have the opportunity to apply chemical and biomolecular engineering fundamentals to real world problems including distillation, heat transfer, fermentation, filtration, crystallisation and reverse osmosis. The unit will give students experience with examples drawn from the petrochemical, minerals, biotech, pharmaceutical and water industries.
In addition the unit will also give students an additional opportunity to apply the knowledge of experimental design, data analysis and statistics.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Lectures, Laboratories, Project Work - in class, Tutorials, Report Writing
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
CHNG1103, CHNG2801, CHNG2802, CHNG2803, CHNG2804, CHNG2805 AND CHNG2806
CHNG3801, CHNG3802, CHNG3803
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.