Advanced Wastewater Engineering (CHNG5006)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study addresses inter-related issues relevant to wastewater treatment including: (i) the diverse nature of wastewater and its characteristics; (ii) an overview of conventional wastewater treatment options; (iii) the use of commercial software in designing and evaluating a range of advanced wastewater treatment options including biological nutrient removal; (iv) the potential role of constructed wetlands in domestic and industrial wastewater treatment; (v) wastewater management in the food processing, resources, and coal seam gas production industries; (vi) researching advanced wastewater treatment options.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Civil Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Sustainability and Environmental Engineering)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Civil)
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 1 hr/week; Laboratory 1 hr/week.
Through semester assessment (65%) Final Exam (35%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
CHNG5005 OR CHNG3804.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.