Nanotechnology in Chemical Engineering (CHNG5008)
UNIT OF STUDY
This course will give students insights into advanced concepts in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, which are essential for the design of efficient processes and green products for the sustainable development and minimise or preferably eliminate waste for a clean world. This unit of study will examine cutting edge examples of nano-technology, renewable energy, bio-technology, and other advanced technologies across a broad range of applications relevant to chemical and biomolecular engineering. At the completion of this unit of study students should have developed an appreciation of the underlying concepts and be able to demonstrate they can apply these skills to new and novel situations. Students are expected to develop an integrated suite of problem-solving skills needed to successfully handle novel (and previously unseen) engineering situations, coupled with an ability to independently research new areas and be critical of what is found, and an ability to cope with experimental data, change and uncertainty through critical thinking.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Sustainability and Environmental Engineering)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular)
Further unit of study information
Project Work - own time, Lectures
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
(CHNG3801 OR CHNG9301 OR CHNG5801) AND (CHNG3802 OR CHNG9302 OR CHNG5802) AND (CHNG3805 OR CHNG9305 OR CHNG5805) AND (CHNG3806 OR CHNG9306 OR CHNG5806)
Note: School permission required for enrollment.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.