Capstone Project B Extended (CHNG5022)
UNIT OF STUDY
The purpose of this proposal is to introduce a new subject into the Master of Professional Engineering with specialisation in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. The new subject is designed to equip students with practical experience in the area of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering. Industrial project placement will clearly cover and widen the practical nature of curriculum base studies.
This unit of study will give students a rich experience for undertaking a major project in an industrial environment and developing skills in the preparation and presentation of technical reports. The project is performed under industry supervision supported by School staff and extends over one semester. The students will be engaged full time on the project at the industrial site. Students will be placed with industries, such as mining, oil and gas processing, plastic and paint manufacturing, food production, wastewater and water treatment. The students will learn essential engineering skills, such as how to examine published and experimental data, set objectives, project management, and analysis of results and assess these with theory and existing knowledge.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering)
- Master of Engineering (Sustainability and Environmental Engineering)
- Master of Professional Engineering (Chemical and Biomolecular)
Further unit of study information
Meetings, Project Work - own time
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
42 credit points in the Master of Engineering and WAM >70, or 66 credit points in the Master of Professional Engineering and WAM >70 or exemption
Permission required for semester 1 or 2 based on achievement in Capstone Project A and taking other program requirements into consideration.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.