Strategy and Security in the Asia-Pacific (CISS6002)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit focuses on the strategic dynamics of the Asia-Pacific region and the security challenges it faces. It combines a grounding in International Relations theory, and concepts of strategy and security, with a series of dedicated country profiles. Issues such as great power rivalry, nuclear proliferation, terrorism, piracy, and environmental degradation are all considered. The overall objective of the unit is to engage with issues and arguments about strategy and security that relate specifically to the Asia-Pacific region. Teaching and learning take place via a combination of lectures, student-led seminars, and independent research.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations
- Graduate Certificate in International Security
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Security
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x3hr seminar/week or equivalent intensive
2x 2000wd Essay (80%), 1x400wd equivalent Oral Presentation (10%), Seminar participation (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.