Research Essay 1 (CISS6009)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit consists of a 6000 word Research essay under the guidance of a supervisor from CISS. Normally it involves deeper study of a subject which the student has already covered in her/his degree. Entry into this unit is by permission only, and depends upon the availability of a CISS supervisor for the proposed topic and student's existing knowledge in the area. MCom, MBus, and MIntSec students can take this unit as a stand-alone elective unit. MIntSec students may also take this unit in conjunction with CISS6010 Research essay 2, writing a supervised dissertation of 10000 - 12000 words.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of Health Security
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
4x1-2hr supervision meetings weeks 2, 4, 6 and 8, or equivalent hours arranged by supervisor and student
6000wd Research essay (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.