War and Strategy (CISS6019)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit aims to supply students with an introduction to military affairs and the conduct of war. It considers the complex relationship between politics and strategy and examines strategic thought, the application of land/air/space/naval power and military technologies. It applies this knowledge to interactive case studies before proceeding to investigate more contemporary strategic problems such as the 'revolution in military affairs', 'new' wars, and counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in International Relations
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Security
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of International Law
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
Further unit of study information
2x 2500wd Essay (80%), 1xOral Presentation equivalent to 1000wds (10%), 1x Seminar participation (10%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.