Engineering Project B (CIVL4025)
UNIT OF STUDY
Engineering Project A and B provide an opportunity for students to undertake a major project in a specialised area relevant to civil engineering. Students will generally work in groups, although planning and writing of reports will be done individually; i.e., a separate report must be submitted by each student. Only in exceptional circumstances and by approval of Engineering Project course coordinator and the relevant academic supervisor concerned will a student be permitted to undertake a project individually.
Engineering Project is spread over a whole year, in two successive Units of Study of 6 credits points each, Engineering Project A (CIVL4024) and Engineering Project B (CIVL4025). This particular unit of study, which must precede CIVL4025 Engineering Project B, should cover the first half of the work required for a complete 'final year' thesis project. In particular, it should include almost all project planning, a major proportion of the necessary background research, and a significant proportion of the investigative or design work required of the project.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Dalyell Scholars)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Meeting, Project Work - own time
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
30 Credit points of at least 3rd year units of study
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.