Architectural to Structural Design (CIVL4860)
UNIT OF STUDY
CIVL4860 is a core final year unit for BE/BDesArch students aimed at enhancing students' skills in bridging between the architectural and engineering disciplines. The Unit will have a particular focus on developing strategies for how best to resolve the frequently conflicting interests and preferred concept solutions for addressing architectural and structural requirements for a building with given functions. Students will work in groups on developing final building designs from scratch from project briefs. Architectural and structural designs will be detailed in group presentations and reports.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Project Work - in class 4 hrs/week; Presentation 0.15 hrs/week; Project Work - own time 6 hrs/week.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
CIVL3235 AND BDES3023
This unit is restricted to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Engineering/Bachelor of Design in Architecture combined degree.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.