Composition 2 (CMPN1602)
UNIT OF STUDY
The development of compositional technique is integral to the ability to best express musical ideas and material. The focus of this unit is the creative work of students which is developed through the study of a range of compositional topics. Aspects of pitch, rhythm, counterpoint, notation, instrumentation and structure are considered both in the abstract and in relation to a variety of music.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music (Composition)
- Bachelor of Music (Music Education)
- Bachelor of Music (Performance)
- Bachelor of Music Studies
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Music Studies and Doctor of Medicine
- Diploma of Music
Further unit of study information
2 hour seminar plus individual tutorials.
Portfolio of creative work as directed by the coordinator (90%), attendance, participation and 3 concert reviews (10%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.