Computer and Network Organisation (COMP5213)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study provides an introduction to computer organisation and network protocols. It covers a broad range of topics including computer hardware, software architecture (operating systems, compilers, etc), and principles of communication network protocols. It is designed to give students an understanding of how software programs operate and run inside the computer hardware, and therefore the knowledge how to use computers most effectively.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management
- Graduate Diploma in Computing
- Graduate Diploma in Digital Communication and Culture
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management
- Master of Digital Communication and Culture
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology and Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Moving Image
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Tutorial 1 hr/week.
Through semester assessment (40%) Final Exam (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.