Web Application Development (COMP5347)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit will focus on technological advances supporting the development of e-commerce applications and systems. This includes client and server side development of e-commerce applications. AJAX is the core client side technology covered in this course. Both server scripting and server page technology are covered as key server side technology. It will also examine the emerging trend of web services and its role in E-commerce systems. This unit aims at providing both conceptual understanding and hand-on experiences for the technologies covered.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Science
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology Management
- Graduate Diploma in Computing
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Management
- Master of Engineering (Software)
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology and Master of Information Technology Management
Further unit of study information
Lecture 2 hrs/week; Laboratory 1 hr/week; Project Work - own time 3 hrs/week; Independent Study,
Through semester assessment (40%) Final Exam (60%)
Bryan Basham, Kathy Sierra & Bert Bates/Head First Servlet & JSP/2nd/2008// Leon Shklar and Rich Rosen/Web Application Architecture/2nd/2009//
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
INFO9220 or COMP5028. The course assumes basic knowledge on OO design and UML diagrams.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.