IT Research Project A (COMP5702)
UNIT OF STUDY
The Information Technology Research Project provides an opportunity for students to carry out a defined piece of independent research or design. These skills include the capacity to define a research or design question, show how it relates to existing knowledge and carry out the research or design in a systematic manner. Students will be expected to define an original research project that demonstrates their prior learning in their advanced IT specialist domain (MIT) or the management of IT (MITM) or both technical and IT management domains (MIT/MITM). The results will be presented in a final project presentation and report.
It is not expected that the project outcomes from this unit will represent a significant contribution to new knowledge. The unit aims to provide students with the opportunity to carry out a defined piece of independent research work in a setting and manner that fosters the development of IT skills in research.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Honours) (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology and Master of Information Technology Management
Further unit of study information
Research 22 hrs/week; Meeting 2 hrs/week.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Students should take INFO5993 - Research Methods in IT either concurrently or prior to undertaking this project unit.
: COMP5707 OR COMP5708 OR COMP5703.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.