Information Technology Project (COMP5703)
UNIT OF STUDY
The Information Technology Capstone project provides an opportunity for students to carry out a defined piece of independent research or design. These skills include the capacity to define a research or design question, show how it relates to existing knowledge and carry out the research or design in a systematic manner. Students will be expected to choose a research/development project that demonstrates their prior learning in their advanced IT specialist domain (MIT) or the management of IT (MITM) or both technical and IT management domains (MIT/MITM). The results will be presented in a final project presentation and report.
It is not expected that the project outcomes from this unit will represent a significant contribution to new knowledge. The unit aims to provide students with the opportunity to carry out a defined piece of independent investigative research or design work in a setting and manner that fosters the development of IT skills in research or design.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Honours) (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Certificate in Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering
- Master of Data Science
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology Management
- Master of Information Technology and Master of Information Technology Management
Further unit of study information
Project Work - own time 18 hours; Meeting 1 hour.
Through semester assessment (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
A candidate for the MIT, MITM or MIT / MITM who has completed 24 credit points from Core, Specialist or Foundation units of study may take this unit.
: COMP5702 OR COMP5704 OR COMP5707 OR COMP5708
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.