Introductory Practice 2: Clinical (CSCD2066)
UNIT OF STUDY
Students work with an advanced student and participate in clinical service delivery in the on-campus clinic. Students must demonstrate competence in the context of direct supervision (novice level), in observing, seeking information about, accurately describing and participating in provision of clinical services to their client. They are to seek information relevant to their professional development and client care, and show awareness of their impact on the client. To support their clinical learning, this unit will consider communication and counselling skills involved with working with caregivers and adult clients, and problem solving strategies for identifying and managing ethical issues involved in working with adults and their families. This unit will also explore the role of speech pathologists in the health system and their participation in professional teams.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
pass/fail (100%); 0% barrier tasks - attend 80% of lectures and tutorials, complete all required clinical paperwork, and pass 3 written assignments
Competency Based Occupational Standards (CBOS), Speech Pathology Australia, Melbourne (2011) available from the Discipline
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.