Speech Sound Disorders (CSCD2068)
UNIT OF STUDY
Students will acquire knowledge about speech sound disorders and will cover techniques for assessment, analysis and intervention of such disorders through case-based and project based learning activities. Students will learn skills of phonological analysis and will learn to evaluate research evidence for best practice in assessment, diagnosis and intervention of speech sound disorders in children. This unit of study provides students with essential theoretical background to begin Speech Pathology clinical practice units.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology) Honours
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
1x2 -hr lecture/week and 1x1-hr tutorial/week
Phonological processes test (10%), case study assignment (45%), and end semester exam (45%)
McLeod, S., & Baker, E., (2017). Children¿s speech: An Evidence-Based Approach to Assessment and Intervention. Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
Students will also purchase Speech Sound Disorders Workbook on campus. This workbook will contain clinical exercises to be completed in tutorials.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
CSCD1034 and CSCD1032
CSCD2064 or CSCD2065
This unit is a prerequisite for CSCD3082
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.