Intermediate Clinic 1: Adult (CSCD3078)
UNIT OF STUDY
Students will be responsible for planning and conducting an assessment of a paediatric client and related activities. Students will be responsible for the management of adult clients in on and/or off campus clinical settings. At the end of this unit of study students will be expected to demonstrate skills within the intermediate zone of COMPASS Competency Assessment in Speech Pathology for all 11 competencies with child and adult clients across any of the range of practice areas (CBOS, 2011) of speech, language, voice, fluency and multi-modal communication disorders, unless the complexity of the disorder or specialist clinical setting indicates otherwise.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology)
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Aeronautical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Biomedical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Chemical and Biomolecular)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Electrical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechanical)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Mechatronic)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Software)
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours and Bachelor of Project Management
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Advanced Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours with Space Engineering Major
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Project Management and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
Clinical placement Monday to Friday across 12 weeks in semester or equivalent, regular compulsory group supervision meetings
Clinical competency assessment (100%); 0% barrier tasks - attend clinic orientation and all clinical meetings, complete all required clinical paperwork, TAM Duty, Assessment Clinic Competency Checklist
There are no textbooks for this unit. You need to refer to the following documents: COMPASS Competency Assessment in Speech Pathology: Assessment Resource Manual (2013) Competency Based Occupational Standards (CBOS) for Speech Pathologists: Entry Level (2011) CDTRC Clinic Handbook (available on eLearning) Academic lecture materials relevant to the caseload(s)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
(CSCD1035 or CSCD2058) and CSCD2062 and (CSCD2066 or CSCD2067)
Students must hold a current CPR certificate before they can enrol in this unit. Attendance at clinic orientation is compulsory. Clinical placements are scheduled from January - December and hence may commence prior to the official start of semester and/or may extend beyond week 16. Students must maintain the currency of their clinical compliance paperwork for the duration of the course. See the Speech Pathology Clinical Education section of the Faculty Handbook. Students must advise the Course Director before enrolling in this unit of study if they are a prohibited person under the NSW Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012.
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.