Dental Research Studies 1 (DENT6010)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit provides the introduction to a research project, including the development of a research proposal and literature review. The treatise is a formal piece of writing relevant to the subject area of the masters degree. Candidates will work on a specified research project under appropriate supervision. At least one of the project supervisors must be an academic staff member of the University. The treatise or written work is in 5 parts all of which will be completed in a minimum of three years of full time study.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Oral Medicine)
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Oral Surgery)
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Orthodontics)
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Paediatric Dentistry)
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Periodontics)
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics)
- Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Special Care Dentistry)
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry (Advanced Restorative)
- Graduate Diploma in Clinical Dentistry (Surgical Dentistry)
Further unit of study information
Weekly attendance in research seminars (70% attendance required) and 2hr research sessions.
Candidates will be required to submit a treatise or written work in the form of a paper dealing with research on a specific topic. It should be the equivalent of one paper which would be acceptable for publication in a peer reviewed scientific, academic or professional journal. In keeping with Academic Board policy there is an option to submit published work based on research undertaken while enrolled for this degree.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
DENT6000 or DENT6126 or DENT6226 or DENT6276 or DENT6326 or DENT6382
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.