Safety Induction and Competency Unit (DESA1555)
UNIT OF STUDY
The Safety Induction and Competency Unit aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills required for safe and effective working practices in the Architectural technical Services Centre (ATSC).
Students are introduces to safe and appropriate ways of working with materials such as timber, metals and plastics in the wood Technology Studio, Metalistics Lab and Digital Fabrication Lab. Students will operate machinery, tools and equipment under supervision and will become familiar with relevant Work Health and Safety (WH&S) processes and requirements.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Architecture and Environments
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology
- Bachelor of Computer Science and Technology (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Design Computing
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture
- Bachelor of Design in Architecture (Honours) and Master of Architecture
- Bachelor of Engineering Honours (Civil) and Bachelor of Design in Architecture
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Master of Architecture
Further unit of study information
1 x 6 hour workshop
(35%) Lab Assessment and Practical exercise (wood), (35%) Lab Attendance and Practical Exercise (Metal) and (30%) Written Exam
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.