Operational Facility Management (DESC9048)
UNIT OF STUDY
Operational Facility Management is a service industry concerned with the day-to-day operations required to run an organisation's facilities. Primarily facility operation has to satisfy the user organisation's statutory responsibilities. Beyond that, whilst some major costs (such as rates, land taxes, Insurance premiums, etc.) are fixed, other costs are amenable to management. Operational Facility Management necessarily requires those charged with the task to evaluate where their effort is spent and where the significant resourcing costs lie, thus allowing them to prioritise and match their effort to the effect.
This unit will involve considerations of subcontracting and examine 'best practice' guidelines for both hard and soft service provision.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Architectural Science (Facilities Management)
- Graduate Certificate in Urban Design
- Graduate Diploma in Architectural Science (High Performance Buildings)
- Graduate Diploma in Heritage Conservation
- Graduate Diploma in Urban Design
- Master of Architectural Science (High Performance Buildings)
- Master of Architectural Science (High Performance Buildings) (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Architectural Science (High Performance Buildings) (Illumination Design)
- Master of Architectural Science (High Performance Buildings) (Sustainable Design)
- Master of Architecture
- Master of Heritage Conservation
- Master of Urban Design
Further unit of study information
5-day intensive (9am-5pm)
2000wd individual assessment (30%); 4000wd group assignment (50%); presentation and written paper (20%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.