Digital Audio Production with ProTools (DESC9135)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit is intended to give an understanding of the principles and practice of computer-based audio production and post-production, through the focus of the industry standard ProTools software. This unit will: introduce the student to multitrack audio production concepts and practices as used with a personal computer; give an understanding of the specialised approaches and techniques used with various media, genres and formats; teach skills in computer-based audio production by way of lectures, practical demonstrations and individual or small-group practical work, both in-class and by assignments. Students will develop technical and conceptual digital sound recording skills across a wide range of production areas. They will gain an understanding of the implications of non-linear, hard disk based recording systems on production practices. They will develop sound design skills in composition, editing, signal processing and mixing, as well as data management and archiving.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Urban Design
- Graduate Diploma in Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics)
- Graduate Diploma in Heritage Conservation
- Graduate Diploma in Urban Design
- Master of Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics)
- Master of Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics) (High Performance Buildings)
- Master of Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics) (Illumination Design)
- Master of Architectural Science (Audio and Acoustics) (Sustainable Design)
- Master of Heritage Conservation
- Master of Urban Design
Further unit of study information
5-day intensive (9am-5pm)
Written project proposal (30%); class presentation (30%); project (40%).
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.