International Money and Finance (ECON6008)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit covers the following topics: overview of the International Monetary System; foreign exchange markets, spot and future markets; swaps and options; arbitrage; covered and uncovered interest parity; exchange rate determination; forecasting exchange rate movements; exchange rate intervention; and the role of central banks.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Commerce
- Graduate Certificate in Public Policy
- Graduate Diploma in Commerce
- Graduate Diploma in Economic Analysis
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of Commerce
- Master of Economic Analysis
- Master of Economics
- Master of International Relations
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x1hr Mid-semester test (30%), 1x1000wd Essay (15%), 1x2.5hr Final exam (55%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.