USA-Europe-Japan: From Growth to Crisis (ECOP6011)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit will address the formation and breakup of the triad formed by the USA, Europe, and Japan that defined world capitalist relations from the end of the Second World War until the early 1990s. The contradictions of the triad will be analysed as well as the impact of China's post 1978 transformations. The unit will study those processes with the objective of understanding the dynamics of the financial crisis of 2008 and its impact on the European Union.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Political Economy
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
3500wd Essay (60%) and 1500wd report (25%) and 1000wd equivalent Seminar presentation (15%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.