Global Employment and Migration (ECOP6015)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit examines the evolution of international employment opportunities as a feature of the globalisation of economies. Different approaches to the analysis of labour markets provide conceptual frameworks for examining the changing character and structure of global employment and international migration. Case studies examine the effects of state regulatory arrangements and international institutions governing cross-border labour migration and cross-border employment in multinational firms, including professionals, skilled and unskilled workers.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Development Studies
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Cultural Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Development Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Human Rights
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of Crosscultural Communication
- Master of Cultural Studies
- Master of Development Studies
- Master of Human Rights
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Labour Law and Relations
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Political Economy
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x1250wd short Essay (20%), 5x 250wd diary digests (20%), 1x1000wd Presentation and write-up (20%), 1x2500wd Research essay (40%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.