Economic Development: Growth and Wellbeing (ECOP6018)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit explores the processes and social dynamics underpinning economic development. Students engage critically with key themes informing the discourse of `development economics¿ and reflect on alternative approaches to understanding the connections and tensions between economic development, growth and wellbeing. Key debates within this scholarship are considered in their historical context and contending theoretical approaches are surveyed in relation to global agricultural and extractive industries.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Development Studies
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Development Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Human Rights
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of Development Studies
- Master of Human Rights
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master of Political Economy
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd essay (25%), 1x1500wd essay (25%), 1x3000wd essay (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.