Finance and Economic Change (ECOP6901)
UNIT OF STUDY
Foreign exchange, security and other derivative markets have expanded dramatically over the past 20 years. More recently, they have been associated with the largest economic crisis in 80 years. This unit develops a political economy perspective on these markets, including their vulnerability to crisis, and the intrusion of financial calculation into wider social and personal calculation. The unit also addresses the regulation of financial markets and institutions, including key regulatory and monitoring agencies, and arguments for new regulatory regimes.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in International Relations
- Graduate Diploma in International Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Political Economy
- Graduate Diploma in Public Policy
- Master of International Relations
- Master of International Security
- Master of International Studies
- Master of Political Economy
- Master of Public Policy
Further unit of study information
1x2500wd Essay (30%), 1x2500wd Essay (30%), 1x1000wd Presentation (30%), 1x Seminar participation (10%),
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.