Teaching English Internationally 2 (EDGU3000)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit aims to build on the pedagogic content provided in EDGU2000 and provide students with a deeper exploration of the tenets of successful teaching of Engllilsh to speakers of other languages. The unit is run in conjunction with the Centre for English Teaching and involves lectures by CET staff, lesson observations and practical teaching. The focus is on developing participants' ability to plan and program teaching in a range of macro-skills, and to develop intercultural skills and understandings.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Arts (Dual Degree, Sciences Po, France)
- Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications)
- Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Economics
- Bachelor of Economics (Dual Degree, Sciences Po, France)
- Bachelor of Economics and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Education (Health and Physical Education)
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies
- Bachelor of International and Global Studies and Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Political, Economic and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Social Work
Further unit of study information
1x3-hr seminar/wk for 12 wks
micro-teaching (35%),800 wd min. contributions to online blog (5%), 1x900 wd reflective lesson observation report (25%) and 1x2400 (equivalent) portfolio of activities (35%)
Harmer, J. (2015) The practice of English language teaching (With DVD) 5th Edition. Pearson Longman, UK.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
48 credit points of units, including EDGU2000
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.