Organisations as Learning Communities (EDPA6016)
UNIT OF STUDY
In a rapidly changing world the necessity for an organisation to improve performance in order to keep pace and even be in the forefront of changes is an imperative for long-term survival. This unit explores the concepts of the learning organisation, organisational learning and communities of practice and professional learning communities. Emphasis is placed upon the importance of dialogue in organisational learning. The use of scenario analysis, scenario planning and learning histories as means of supporting organisational learning is studied. Please note that intensive delivery is only available to Scots College Cohort.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Executive Master of Public Administration
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Policy Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Public Administration
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Educational Management and Leadership)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Educational Psychology)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Sports Coaching)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (TESOL)
- Graduate Diploma in Policy Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Public Administration
- Master of Education
- Master of Education (Educational Management and Leadership)
- Master of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Master of Education (Sports Coaching)
- Master of Education (TESOL)
- Master of Policy Studies
- Master of Public Administration
Further unit of study information
1xhr seminar/week and 1hr on-line/week
1x2000wd review (35%) and 1x3000wd essay (65%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.