School Effectiveness and Improvement (EDPA6017)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study will focus on school-based management and its link with school effectiveness. It will combine a study of relevant recent literature with practical issues, discussions and workshops. Students will review the literature relating to effective schools and explore links between developing strategies and creating conditions within schools to enable them to become more effective. Major aspects of school improvement will be addressed including: school based review, the role of school leaders, external support, research and evaluation, policy development and implementation and the significance of the impact of school "culture" on initiative for school improvement. Case studies and reports from overseas will be examined for lessons they have for school renewal strategies. A major component of the unit will be the analysis and development of strategies to assist schools to manage planning practices and procedures more effectively. Students are encouraged to share their experiences and perceptions, and to learn from each other while relating knowledge, principles and insights to their own contexts.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Educational Management and Leadership)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Educational Psychology)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Sports Coaching)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (TESOL)
- Master of Education
- Master of Education (Educational Management and Leadership)
- Master of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Master of Education (Sports Coaching)
- Master of Education (TESOL)
Further unit of study information
1x1500wd assignment (40%) and 1x3500 assignment (60%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.