Systems, Change and Learning (EDPC5024)
UNIT OF STUDY
In this core unit we will use 'systems inquiry' as a conceptual framework to explore change and learning processes, on the individual, group and organisational level. We focus on a theory-based approach to change management and organisational learning, so that students can come to appreciate the complexity and non-linearity of bringing about change in schools, corporations and other organisations. Drawing on contemporary research in the learning sciences, we will explore group and individual learning and conceptual change processes. Students will apply modern conceptual change approaches to investigate their own learning process, and will gain hands-on experience as they apply systems inquiry concepts and methods to analyse change problems in their own professional environment.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Learning Sciences and Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Educational Management and Leadership)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Educational Psychology)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (TESOL)
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainability
- Master of Education (Educational Management and Leadership)
- Master of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Master of Education (TESOL)
- Master of Learning Sciences and Technology (Professional)
- Master of Learning Sciences and Technology (Research)
- Master of Sustainability
Further unit of study information
1x2hr seminar/week - evening
2x1500wd short assignments (2x25%) and 1x3000wd group project and presentation (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.