Learning Technology Research Frontiers (EDPC5025)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit is designed for students interested in the newest research developments in the area of learning technology, and those who want to gain a deeper understanding of research methods and techniques, appropriate to the fields of the learning sciences and technologies. It is ideal for those students who want to explore the newest topics of their interest and simultaneously learn about research design in a collaborative peer-supported learning environment. Students will learn to assess critically emergingdomains of learning technology innovation, understand different kinds of research methods and choose appropriate research methods for carrying out empirical studies. Students will participate in debates, research projects. The unit is student-led and involves proactive individual and collaborative exploration of topics.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Educational Management and Leadership)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Educational Psychology)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (TESOL)
- Master of Education (Educational Management and Leadership)
- Master of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Master of Education (TESOL)
- Master of Learning Sciences and Technology (Professional)
- Master of Learning Sciences and Technology (Research)
Further unit of study information
1x2hr seminar/week - evening
1x3000wd weekly contributions to debates and learning technology forecasts (50%) and 1x3000wd final paper (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.