Principles of Workplace Training (EDPD5002)
UNIT OF STUDY
The aim of this unit is to provide participants the skills and knowledge for developing an intervention that assists a client with an intellectual disability gain access to employment. Building on a theoretical base, and reviews of the literature, participants will engage in a range of tasks that require them to demonstrate a critical and reflective understanding of the planning process. Topics covered include assessment, shaping and scaffolding behaviour, and ongoing monitoring of progress of clients.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Master of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education)
Further unit of study information
2x scenario critique (2x25%) and 1x fieldwork and review (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.