Principles of Open Employment (EDPD5003)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit examines the supporting research, legislation and policies that underpin the principles of open employment for persons with disabilities. Participants will critically analyse research and legislation relating to open employment. Students will report in writing and verbally on a task of placing a client that demonstrates their understanding of the principles of open employment.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Master of Education (Educational Psychology)
- Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education)
Further unit of study information
1x scenario critique (25%); 1x policy critique (25%) and 1x fieldwork and review (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.