Teaching Learning Difficulties - Basics (EDPD5014)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit is examines current theories, research and practice in development of basic skills (language, literacy and numeracy), with a specific emphasis on students with disability and additional learning needs. Students will critically examine current theory and practices associated with supporting the design of quality literacy and numeracy program in mainstream and stand-alone classes for students with disability and additional learning needs. Evidence-based instruction used to implement quality literacy and numeracy programs will be critically examined; tiered approaches to supporting literacy and numeracy development will be discussed in terms of monitoring student progress.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Sports Coaching)
- Master of Education
- Master of Education (Special and Inclusive Education)
- Master of Education (Sports Coaching)
Further unit of study information
1x personal statement (5%); 2x critical review (2x25%); 1x review of literature and practice (20%); and 1x research to practice project (25%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.