Learning and Individual Differences (EDPE6011)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit examiners major areas of individual differences among learners and ways in which educational provision may be adapted to accommodate these differences in helping each student to achieve major learning outcomes. Consideration will be given to areas of cognitive and personality differences, learning styles, and gender differences. Particular attention will be given to implications of research which (a) explores aptitude-treatment interactions, (b) elucidates the mediating processes involved in adaptive provisions and (c) evaluates outcomes of major forms of provision for individual differences.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Doctor of Clinical Surgery
- Executive Master of Arts and Social Sciences
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies
- Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies (Educational Psychology)
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Educational Studies (Educational Psychology)
- Master of Education
- Master of Education (Educational Psychology)
Further unit of study information
1x3000wd seminar essay (40%) and 1x3000wd seminar essay (40%) and 1x45 minute seminar presentation (20%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.