Education, Teachers and Teaching (EDUF1018)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit of study is the first part of Education I and provides a general introduction to education and teaching. The unit integrates the following themes: knowledge, culture and the curriculum; teaching as a process and way of life; and, teachers as life-long learners and researchers. Within this unit, students are also mentored by more experienced students during their first semester transition to the university. At the conclusion of the unit students should have developed and demonstrated an understanding of the complex character of teachers' work.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce (Liberal Studies)
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education (Health and Physical Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences and Master of Nursing
- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and Science
- Bachelor of Medical Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced Mathematics)
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced)
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
2x1-hr lectures/wk for 12wks, 1x1-hr tutorial/wk for 12 wks, 1x1-hr mentoring seminar/wk for 7 wks
2000wd essay (35%), 2000wd essay (35%), seminar presentation (30%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.