Positive Approaches to Special Education (EDUF3031)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit addresses issues relating to the education of students with special education needs. They include the impact of the philosophy and principles of inclusive education and current legislation, evidence based approaches to curriculum, teaching and learning practices for students with special education needs. A specific focus is given to supporting students with challenging behaviours in a range of settings.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Mathematics) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Science) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Human Movement and Health Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences) and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
1x1-hr lecture/wk for 12 wks, 1x2-hr workshop/wk for 6 wks, 20-hrs fieldwork placement
4000wd fieldwork report (40%) and 650wd tutorial presentation (20%) and 800wd professional statement (30%) and 2x200wd reflective commentaries (2x5%). All assessment tasks need to be submitted in order to pass the unit of study.
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
96 credit points of units
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.