Education Honours Preliminary (EDUF4020)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit provides an introduction to the Honours program, and facilitates the development of a research project that will be conducted as part of EDUF4021. Under the supervision of an academic member of staff, students will develop an understanding of a range of education research methodologies through participating in seminars, online discussions, and by attending lectures for Reading and Designing Research (EDUF4044). They will demonstrate their emerging understanding in their chosen field of research through the development of a research proposal , which will include carefully constructed research questions and an appropriate research methodology, based on a detailed literature review.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Mathematics) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Science) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Human Movement and Health Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences) and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
1x2-hr seminar/wk for 10 wks, 7x1-hr lectures, individual supervision
3000wd proposal (50%), 3000wd literature review (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.