Education Honours Preliminary (EDUF4020)
UNIT OF STUDY
This unit provides an introduction to the Honours Program and the nature of educational research. Students develop an understanding of a range of education research methodologies through participating in seminars and by attending lectures. They demonstrate their emerging understanding of their chosen field of research in the process of conducting a detailed literature review and designing a research proposal, which will include carefully constructed research questions and an appropriate research methodology. This Unit leads to a research project that will be conducted under the supervision of an academic member of staff in Unit EDUF4021.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Mathematics) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Science) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Human Movement and Health Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences) and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
1x2-hr seminar/wk for 10 wks, 7x1-hr lectures, individual supervision
3000wd proposal (50%), 3000wd literature review (50%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.