Education Honours Dissertation (EDUF4021)
UNIT OF STUDY
In this unit, students will undertake a research project developed as part of EDUF4020 under the supervision of an academic member of staff, and possibly as part of a team. Students will demonstrate a deep understanding of their research project, including links to the analysis of data, interpretation of the literature in relation to their research findings, knowledge of the research methods utilised, and understanding of relevant ethical issues. Under the direction of their supervisor, will develop a research report for examination and dissemination to the wider research field, and make a presentation to peers and colleagues within the Faculty.
Our courses that offer this unit of study
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Mathematics) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary Education: Science) and Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Human Movement and Health Education)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary: Humanities and Social Sciences) and Bachelor of Arts
Further unit of study information
2x2-hr seminars, individual supervision
6000wd research report (100%)
Faculty/department permission required?
Unit of study rules
Prerequisites and assumed knowledge
Meet requirements for EDUF4020 with a grade of 70 or greater
Study this unit outside a degree
If you wish to undertake one or more units of study (subjects) for your own interest but not towards a degree, you may enrol in single units as a non-award student.
If you are from another Australian tertiary institution you may be permitted to underake cross-institutional study in one or more units of study at the University of Sydney.